Additional Resources: Family Homelessness & Poverty
Commentary (full text attached):
- Poverty Rates Rise to Al Time High, Women Hardest Hit
- The implications of the recently issued US Census report for 2009.
- Obama vows to end homelessness in 10 years
- Summary and commentary on the 2010 federal plan to end homelessness.
- Unfair and Unwise: The TANF Financial Sanctions Epidemic
- The impact of welfare sanctions on families receiving assistance.
- The Characteristics and Needs of Families Experiencing Homelessness
- Report from The National Center on Family Homelessness in 2008.
- http://www.familyhomelessness.org (link temporarily disabled)
- Low Income Mortgage, Affordable Housing & Homelessness
Reports (cover sheet attached, please visit the corresponding link for the full text):
- Opening Doors: Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness 2010
- The full text of the Obama plan to address homelessness
- Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009
- The most recent US Census Bureau report on poverty
- Strategies for Preventing Homelessness: 2005
- White paper prepared by The Urban Institute for US Department of Housing and Urban Development